Statement from Rickety Bridge's Managing Director
Dear guests & industry colleagues,
As guests & clients of Rickety Bridge, you trust us to not only give you and your guests an amazing Winelands experience, but to also do it safely and responsibly. Today, as the world comes to terms with an unprecedented health scare in COVID-19, these values are more important to us than ever.
I summarize below the steps that we are taking to ensure that our wine tasting centre, restaurant and guesthouses meet and exceed the highest standards of hygiene.
- Our staff ensure that our guesthouse rooms, restaurant, functions room, wine tasting centre areas and common areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected on an ongoing basis. These procedures are designed to the highest standards and include both personal spaces – rooms, tables, chairs, credit card machines – as well as communal areas such as our kitchen, entrances, passages and toilet areas.
- During service, we have dedicated staff ensuring that public spaces are again cleaned and disinfected continuously. Dedicated staff are allocated to bathroom areas to sanitize door handles and flush mechanisms after each use.
- Hand sanitizers are offered to all our guests as they enter the guest houses, restaurant and wine tasting centre. We offer hand sanitizers with all credit card transactions too.
- All our front of house and kitchen staff follow the same procedure, and hygiene protocols in the kitchen are strictly maintained. This strong focus on hygiene extends to our kitchen and food services. Ingredients are fresh and sourced locally, and our kitchen meets the strictest guidelines for hygiene and safety.
- Addressing the new restrictions of gatherings of no more than 100, we have various different wine tasting and dining areas, so clients will be in their own spaces which will accommodate no more than 60 guests. This also allows for necessary social distancing.
We hope that these measures will put your minds at ease when visiting Rickety Bridge. Please feel free to contact us on 021 876 2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Jan van Huyssteen
Managing Director of Rickety Bridge Winery
We are closed from 25 March until 16 April 2020, due to the national lock-down in South Africa.